Pages

Margie Plus Belle + Sky










Wearing: Belle + Sky Jacket and Dress

Since JCPenney launched my girl squad Ashley Nell Tipton’s clothing designs last month, I have been getting a lot more familiar with the retailer’s plus size brands. I was recently introduced to the women's plus size brand Belle + Sky when I found this amazing black and white satin bomber. Belle + Sky is JCPenney’s first in house “fast fashion” brand ranging from straight size to plus size and price  from around $14.99-$100.  As an avid shopper I naturally was super curious to try out the fit so that could navigate the sizing. A few weeks ago I wrote an article for Yahoo Style naming the bomber, as THE fall must have jacket and jumped at the opportunity to try this statement piece out and add my own twist. 

Fall is in that transitional weather period where you can show some skin but a jacket is definitely needed as soon as the sun goes down. When contemplating how to style the bomber, I wanted to try out something super contrasting for an even more fashion forward vibe. The Belle + Sky sizing runs a little large depending on the item and if it has any stretch, I wear a size 16 and 1x in most products. The multi color stripe bodycon that I am pictured in is not only super comfortable but is easily dressed up with heels or dressed down with sneakers. 

Tip: As most of you know I am a HUGE fan of shorter hemlines so am fond of bodycon dresses because I can easily crop the hem myself, simply by folding the skirt up and securing with safety pins. 



xox Margie