Pages

Margie Plus $20 Ep. 1


'As most of you know I am a vintage and thrift shop fanatic. This top and short combo cost me $18!.. 




Wearing: L train vintage top (similar) / shorts(similar), ASOS shoes, Vintage sunglasses (similar

As most of you know I am a HUGE vintage and thrift fanatic. Most of my free time is spent rummaging through NYC and Brooklyn thrift shops looking for cool and affordable pieces. One of my favorite local vintage shops is Urban Jungle which is a part of the L train vintage chain. I love them because they are constantly cycling in new merchandise and are priced to sell. I even shot my latest Refinery 29 style feature there! (HERE)
It is amazing that with a little bit of imagination how much you can get at thrift and vintage stores. With that said I wanted to show how far $20 can go while thrifting and will be starting a reoccurring post called 'Margie Plus $20' showing fun and inventive outfits I find while thrifting. I spent a total of $18 on this particular top and short combo! For summer I am obsessed with the off the shoulder look and was excited to came across this ruffle gem last time I was in Urban Jungle I had to get it! I also found the size 40 Wrangler jeans in the mens section and cut them into shorts when I got home. Tip: Easily make any top a crop top by making a waist knot to quickly get the look! 

xox Margie 


Shop similar looks below …